By Sahana Murthy
on July 1, 2019
Happy July, Everyone!
It’s that time of the year - Longer days, picnics, barbeques, fireworks, or, if you work in an office, sweating while you email! Towel off and keep typing, everyone, only one more word mile to go.
As we gear up for a wonderful 4th of July weekend, the Loveland team has some updates on the grill that we’re ready to turn over.
1. Data Partner and Reseller Program -
For those of you in the data business:
Wouldn’t it be nice if you could distribute or advertise your data to an engaged and growing nationwide audience? Wouldn’t it be nice if you could offer your customers the option of adding affordable nationwide parcel data without sending them to someone else?
We are actively seeking data partners along two dimensions:
- If you have a large property dataset, we would like to integrate it into the landgrid.com website for our visitors and customers. Depending on the dataset and your desire, we can make it freely available with linked credit back to you, or charge for access and share the funds with you.
- If you are interested in offering our data to your customers or potential customers, we can make that easy and do a fair revenue split. Bam. Your value proposition just went up a few notches.
Our goal is to provide more out-of-the-box data to our visitors and customers, and to reach more people with our nationwide parcel dataset while helping other data providers succeed. Simply write us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll talk through it together.
We have already set up a few of these relationships. Here is one example:
2. Landgrid Data is now available on the Demyst Marketplace -
DemystData is one of the largest data marketplaces in the world, dedicated to serving large data users who can pick and choose from many different data offerings. They carry 100’s of data products & API’s on their site and we are thrilled to join the ranks of many of our colleagues on Demyst.
Here’s a blog by Demyst announcing the availability of the Landgrid Data API on their marketplace - https://demyst.com/2019/05/23/landgrid-data-spotlight/
3. Customer Spotlight:
We’re not big self-promoters here at Loveland, but we are trying to get better at telling the stories of the projects we work on and the results our customers achieve with both our software and our data. Keeping customers happy and satisfied has always been a top priority for us and our team works hard to accomplish this.
Here’s what Michele Oberholtzer from the United Community Housing Coalition (UCHC) recently had to say about the value that she and her organization get from our Landgrid Enterprise software and services:
4. New Landgrid Free -
We recently launched an improved & simplified free version of our Landgrid Mapping Platform. For those of us who would like to test out what the Landgrid platform is capable of doing before investing in our paid subs, this is just the right tool. It’s limited but it allows for a user to get a taste of what the platform can do in its full capacity. If you know of friends and family who could benefit from this tool, please let them know. Its free forever, and doesn’t require a credit card to signup.
This is also a wonderful gateway into trying before upgrading into Landgrid Pro - which has unlimited options and features and can get absolutely anybody started on their property mapping & surveying endeavours (without prior GIS experience) for just $10/month. Looking to make a change from Free to Pro?? Sign up here.
5. Migration From SiteControl to Landgrid.com -
Those of you in the know have been aware of our recent re-branding efforts from Makeloveland and Sitecontrol to landgrid.com. Not only was this just a rebranding effort but also a migration of our platform from sitecontrol.us to landgrid.com.
Basically, this means that those of you who signed up with us on Sitecontol can continue to use your account with the exact same login credentials on landgrid.com. It’s the same platform in terms of functionality but with a different, improved user interface.
We plan on shutting down Sitecontrol.com altogether on November 1st, 2019. There is still plenty of time. We know change is not easy but we urge you to start familiarizing yourself with landgrid.com and slowly move away from your Sitecontrol accounts. This will make the transition into the new UI easier. Please bear in mind that we have replicated everything on landgrid.com and we are working on adding more usability related features & in-app onboarding to our platform soon.
If you ever feel like you need help to transition from Sitecontrol to Landgrid, please feel free to email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to make this process smoother.
6. Mapping Mondays - Well, who doesn’t love Maps! Mondays can be less beloved, so starting this week, we kicked off a new program called the “Mapping Mondays” to take the edge off with a tiny espresso shot of geography. Every monday, you will find beautiful, color coded parcel maps built on none other than the Landgrid Pro on our social media accounts which you can follow here:
Please send us requests for the kind of maps you would like to see and we will build those and showcase them for you.
Soon we would like to start mapping tutorials (Webinars & Google Hangouts) so you can watch the software in action and learn how to map & survey with Landgrid Pro & Enterprise. We can help you with specific use cases that would be useful to you in your everyday projects at work.
Well, that’s it from us this July. There will be many more updates in the August edition, including USPS residential & vacancy data.
Until then, don’t be shy if we can help you solve your property data challenges.
A Very Happy 4th of July to all of you, from the Loveland Team!
- Team Loveland
By Sahana Murthy
on June 10, 2019
We heard you!
We get asked a bunch of things from our loyal customers and prospects. We get asked to add certain attributes to our data or we have had users asking for a simplified parcel viewer. Well, that’s what we did.
Our team has been working hard this past month to add more value to our solutions and we are excited to announce the launch of the New Landgrid Free subscription.
New Landgrid Free - Simplified Parcel Viewer
We have always had a very loaded free subscription which we often found to be overwhelming for many of our users who would have preferred a simpler viewer to look up parcels, uninterrupted for their many personal goals.
So that’s essentially what the new Landgrid Free would be able to provide to our customers moving forward.
This isn’t your average sandbox - with this account you can surf the site uninterrupted, look up parcels that you are interested in and color code the map to get deeper insights into your location.
With your free account, you can do a bunch of things to get started with:
- Uninterrupted nationwide parcel viewer - Look up parcels all over and get deeper insights into your neighborhood.
- Draw Focus Area - Draw a custom boundary on the map by drawing a focus area.
- Filter Maps - Drill down further by filtering the parcels by various attributes. With your free, you will not be able to save your filters.
- Style Maps - Color code the parcel map to highlight key attributes that you are interested in. With your free account, you can create up to 2 styling rules.
- Bookmark Parcels - Bookmark upto 10 parcels that you find interesting to come back to at a later time.
- Access Bounds - Filter and add boundaries to your parcels based on zipcodes, Census tracts, congressional districts and many more.
- Map Layers - Switch and toggle between satellite and base layers for an immersive parcel viewing experience.
- Top Owners - Get a quick insight into the top property owners in your location.
This free, forever. No credit card required. Try our free version to get a taste of what our platform can offer. If you like the platform, then depending on your needs, you can either upgrade to any of our other tiers (Pro & Enteprise) or you can continue using your free account for as long as like.
Sign-up today and be on you way to discovering your land grid like never before.
For help materials & tutorials, look no further than our Guidebook to help you navigate through the platform. We have how-to articles on every facet of our suite of tools. When in doubt, just look up the guidebook to find ways to solve your problems.
In addition, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com if you need any help or support from us.
Existing Free Users of landgrid.com
REST ASSURED - YOUR EXISTING MAPS, SURVEYS & IMPORTED DATA REMAINS UNAFFECTED!
You were allowed to create 1 Project/map & survey. They will remain intact even after we launch the new free tier. You can continue to access them. And you will still have all the features mentioned above as part of your free account.
This is the perfect opportunity to upgrade to our Pro account for just $10/month or $100/year. With Pro, you get unlimited projects, unlimited surveys, full scale survey editor, measuring tool & you can export & import data.
Most importantly, by the end of summer 2019, you will be able to see our USPS data (vacancy & residential flags) on Pro too.
Click here to upgrade!
Meanwhile, we hope that you continue to use the Landgrid platform and that we can continue to help you with your parcel data & map goals always.
By Sahana Murthy
on May 15, 2019
Have you heard - Land Grid’s Enterprise account just got bigger and better!
Bigger because Enterprise now covers a broad spectrum of projects, no matter the size & scale.
Better because we can now cater to a wide range of your needs and a wide range of customers!
Over the years, at Loveland we have tried to help our customers in every way we can. A recent introspection showed us that we have successfully offered a broad range of services and solutions to our customers, irrespective of the size and scale of their needs.
What does that really mean?
Simply put we have been able to offer solutions such as providing multiple group accounts on our mapping platform to taking on massive statewide & citywide data programs.
So instead of putting them under different buckets and giving them different names, we just want to say to you - Just come to us with any or all of your land parcel data, mapping and/or survey needs, we will find a way to do it for you.
That is essentially the NEW LAND GRID ENTERPRISE
Simpler, stronger, bigger & better….
Let me get into some details:
I have listed below a good set of benefits that we could offer to you as part of Enterprise.
I say "could" because every enterprise package would now be different.
Based on your needs, size & scale, we can personalize the features and benefits best suited for you. So , essentially you could end up getting a certain combination of these value propositions or end up getting all of them. We will price it accordingly too.
Really, YOU can drive what your Enterprise could look like!
That’s the beauty of this package. :)
Here are some of the custom benefits of Land Grid’s Enterprise:
* Data importing - You can have our team help import data you already have into your account.
* Add collaborators - Invite and edit maps with coworkers in real time, see what others are seeing, and allow anyone to start working with property data on our user-friendly platform, regardless of past GIS experience.
* Account Manager - Depending on your project, we can assign you an account manager to make sure you’re never left wondering how to do something.
* Survey expertise - Over the years, the team at Loveland has built up a ton of expertise with all things parcels & property management, including large-scale survey or door-to-door campaigns. Let our experts help you with your survey needs.
* Reports & Analysis - If you’d like our team to write and package a report about findings in your data or the outcome of a survey, we’d be happy to do that for you.
Oh wait… These are just some of our basic features. We offer a multitude of custom add ons in addition to what you see here so far.
Sky's the limit! Pick and choose what you want.
Does any of this resonate with you? Are you or someone you love a county, city or a state that needs a well planned data & property management project done well? Let us know here - https://landgrid.com/enterprise#contactus.
I’m sure there are more ways we can service, we just need to know what you are looking for.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will find a solution for you.
Meanwhile, please check out our Enterprise page (https://landgrid.com/enterprise) to get more information.
Feel free to reach out to me at email@example.com, if you have any questions or want to discuss your project further.
By Nick Downer
on April 5, 2019
LOVELAND Technologies is looking to hire an executive assistant!
Loveland is a software and data company that specializes in mapping the world's property information at the parcel level. We have found this to be a unique niche in the mapping and data space that is valuable to a broad range of customers, and we have painstakingly assembled our own 144 million parcel dataset covering 95% of US residents. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated person who enjoys administrative work and is comfortable both in an office setting and working remotely. Applicants should either live in the Detroit area or be able and willing to visit Loveland's Detroit HQ on a regular basis.
* Intake, process and distribute high volume of internal and external correspondence
* Schedule and coordinate meetings and manage calendars
* Coordinate logistics and prepare materials for meetings and conference calls
* Review, comprehend and provide written summaries of key documents and projects.
* Interact and maintain a positive working relationship among all levels of internal team members and outside clients
* Organize and maintain paper documents and electronic files
* Take and distribute meeting minutes capturing discussions and to-dos
* Create, revise and edit written material as needed, including presentations
* Conduct research on various items using the Internet and other resources
* Perform other duties and special projects, as directed
* Excellent listening, organizational and communication skills
* Proficient in using and navigating PC Platforms, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and is comfortable learning and using new technology
* Enjoys administrative work and comfortable supporting multiple team members
* Strong attention to detail and a high sense of urgency
* Able to successfully perform in a fast-paced and changing environment
* Strong ability to multi-task, juggle multiple responsibilities and coordinate multiple projects while focusing on supporting the needs of the team
* Self-motivator who can work with minimal instructions/supervision at times. Takes initiative to keep projects and tasks moving
* Ability to efficiently plan, organize and implement work priorities
* Anticipate and respond to the needs of the LOVELAND Technologies executive team
* Proven ability to perform a variety of critical and often confidential tasks
To apply or for more details, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be evaluating all received resumes by April 22nd.